Thursday, March 26, 2009

Time to get current

I'm learning a lot this year. So far the most important thing I've learned is that I've got a lot to learn! A repentant know it all, I think I've got a lot of catching up to do from years of not learning much at all.

One thing I have learned in my recent renaissance is that it is vital to stay current. I'm not an expert yet, but I'm actually on twitter (AshM133), and now I'm giving this blogging thing a shot.

I recently read an excellent article about storytelling and how keeping a storehouse of anecdotal episodes (preferably from your own life) is an invaluable tool, especially if you do any kind of public speaking. Being that I work with, and frequently speak to, students I thought it would be of value to dive into the memory banks for just such stories. I've made a list, and will slowly create them into stories and will be posting them here for public consumption.

That's all for now, but be on the lookout for the first one, a story about me and a high school friend being robbed in the projects. Its a winner!

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe ya'll drove in there! Remember when Mrs. Silver drove us into Techwood? Let's hear some of the other stories from back in the day! Russ

    ReplyDelete